This is a safe and effective method to suppress mercury vapours and amalgamate hazardous mercury-bearing spills.
This unique product has been specially formulated for a quick response to mercury leaks or spills.
Mercury Magnet™ powder is the ideal solution for the proper decontamination and clean-up of mercury spills. Mercury Magnet is environmentally friendly allowing for the treated mercury to be properly recycled.
How It Works
This amazing product turns liquid mercury into a solid non-vaporizing form. This is EPA Best Available Technology for treating mercury spills. This solidified amalgam can be easily picked up using a common magnet. Mercury spills should be responded to by trained personnel.
The Mercury Magnet powder is safe to use at home and in the work environment—wherever the risk of an accidental mercury spill may occur. The Mercury Magnet spill kit contains all the necessary clean up and personal safety gear you’ll need in addition to the proprietary powder.
Reduce Harmful Mercury Vapours
In the event of a spill, the fumes released by mercury can go undetected for long periods of time creating serious health hazards. The Mercury Magnet powder reacts with liquid mercury to form a solidified amalgam brings the mercury vapour pressure below harmful levels.
- Proprietary blend of powders
- A complete kit that includes safety gear, a magnetic pick up tool and assorted clean-up and containment material
- The finest technology for treating and cleaning mercury spills
- Effective decontamination and clean-up of a mercury spill
- Reduces mercury vapours below harmful levels
- Powder reacts with liquid mercury to form a solidified amalgam
- Designed for quick response, clean-up and disposal
- Safety risks and environmental hazards minimized
Mercury Magnet™ is effectively used in the following work areas:
- Chemical laboratories
- University laboratories
- Plants where neon signs, batteries, fluorescent and high intensity discharge lamps and mercury type instruments are manufactured and repaired
- Dental offices and laboratories
Skyhawk Global Ltd has proudly partnered with the following companies to provide a complete cradle to cradle disposal of your mercury bearing wastes. Please feel free to contact them for mercury waste disposal services.
If you already have an existing mercury waste disposal service, Mercury Magnet is available in spill kits and in bulk please feel free to contact Skyhawk Global Ltd.
The cost of mercury spills is a topic of interest because some hospitals gain support for mercury reduction programs by using spill cost avoidance as a justification for change. In general, the true costs of mercury spills are not well documented and tend to be anecdotal. Here is a reference explaining the potential costs.
SDS Sheets and product data sheets and spill control procedures are available on formal request from Skyhawk Global Ltd.